Looking for a beautiful and debloated stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S6? XDA developer Aria.A97 seems to agree with you. “I wanted an untouched debloated stock ROM,” the developer writes. “Odex ROM with no mods!” With their efforts, we now have an ultra debloated ROM with separate Aroma Add-On package that enables users to choose their own pre-installed apps. Follow this guide to install and flash ODEXLite, super debloated and super clean Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6.
ODEXLite Android Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6
- June 2017 Security Patch Level
- Pre-rooted with Magisk
- Added SQLite & Busybox
- SafetyNet Fix
- Completely Removed Knox
- Zipaligned All Apps
- More than 200 pre-installed apps removed
- User can choose build.prop and CSC Tweaks
- Option to Zipalign User Apps & Optimize SQLite Databases Every week
- Option To Disable Kernel Error Checking
- Option To Install Applock
- Option To Show Network Speed In Status Bar
- Option To Enable 100% JPEG Quality
- Option To disable Error Reporting
- Option To Enable Doze On Google Play Services
- Optional: Install VPN Support, Galaxy Apps, Theme Store & Samsung Account (Now you don’t need to download a separate package to install Essential apps)
Prerequisites to flash ODEX Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S6 model SM-G920F; please do not use this firmware file on other Android and Samsung devices. You can download this ROM for your own S6 variant too (920I, 925F, and 925I) from this thread.
Steps to install ODEXLite Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6
Required files: download ODEXLite custom firmware for Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the ODEX Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920F into the new custom ROM.
Developer has added the following few steps after flashing your ROM:
- Flash Aroma Addon
- Reboot and go into homescreen
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Reboot again
- Open Magisk Manager, go to settings, disable Magisk Hide and Re-Enable it
- Note: Magisk Manager is removed from Play Store. Get it from here
Check Safety Net, it should pass!
Let us know about your experience with this custom firmware based on the latest official Android Nougat release for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F. For more details, questions, and support, please visit this XDA thread.